Monday, December 21, 2009

Who is responsible for overlooking nail salons to make sure they are safe for the public?

Stateboard there is a huge complaint process and they slap a fine and that is it. So as of now, it is nobody's job to regulate this problem as far as i know. I am in NJ. Do you know?Who is responsible for overlooking nail salons to make sure they are safe for the public?
I am fairly sure the health department is in charge of that, also, most manicurists have to get a license. If they have the license they are properly trained and will [probably] take proper care of their tools. Nail salons can be a scary thing because you don't know. Before you get your nails done, go in and request to use the restroom, doing this will give you a look at the salon allowing you to judge if it is sanitary. Remember, cheaper isn't always better.





Sorry I wasn't much help :)Who is responsible for overlooking nail salons to make sure they are safe for the public?
I think that it's still up to Stateboard. Once a salon is fined, they're SUPPOSED to go back and check to see if they've made any improvements. If not, they get shut down.





I think if the salon was somehow spreading AIDS or some other horrible infection, the Health Department would come in.





The system is pretty crappy though. I'm in California and the nail salons here are disgusting, which is why I just rent a space and work on my own. Some of these people don't even bother disinfecting their tools. How can Stateboard catch that??
I think that falls under the health department
lol omg, unsafe nail salons thun thun thaa....

No comments:

Post a Comment